ep3YarzshUHJVIj7Y3N5RfH0-BI Rose's Thoughts: Writer's Landmark!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Writer's Landmark!

Oh my gosh! Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!

I. Have. Finished. A. Story.

I have finished a story!!!

Can we say miraculous? I can! M-I-R-A-uh-Culous! Yay! ;D

I've just never finished anything like this before. Well you've seen my profile page. All my other mutli-chapter stuff just sort of...fell off the bandwagon I guess. I haven't abandoned them quite, but they are, eh, lost.

And from the reviews I've gotten I did a pretty good job with this one. I've got 353 of them so far! *Jaws drops wide open* I had never expected that much for anything! People reviewing on a regular basis only happened to other people. Well I guess I've developed a split personality, because I've achieved other peopleness! Whoop! When I saw how many I had at the last chapter I thought, "Wow! I could actually make 350 reviews! That would be amazing. And now I've got three more than that!

*My phone suddenly goes ding*

He he, you had better make that 354. *Beams*

Alright I will admit it, at first I felt so geeky. Before this I've only written for anime like Yu Yu Hakusho and Slayers, or books like Maximum Ride. I had only done the one movie and that was Sorcerer's Apprentice, and with all that magic it easily fit in with the above. Writing for things like that, you don't feel so bad because geeky just comes with the territory. Everyone writing for them just loves their show too much so you don't stand out.

Well this was a Transformers story, and let's face it - it may be a very big fandom, but giant fighting robots are still giant fighting robots and, no matter how much we love them (and some of you love them a scary lot o.o), the fact that we love them at all makes us kind of, oh, how can I put this nicely?

Nerdy.

Fortunately nerdy is in this year, that and I have a soft spot for them (like Jay Baruchel from the Sorcerer's Apprentice, my all time favorite movie; he's nerdy in an adorable way. ;3)

But I finished! So none of that matters! Hooray! Looking at it I honestly think this is my most tightly knit fanfic in terms of plot, writing, and style. I'm just amazed with myself. Does that make me a narcissist you think?

Okay, enough of that for now. If I get anymore worked up I'll never get to sleep tonight. And I got to get started on my little sister's Christmas present tomorrow. So, moving on...

We have a six month old miniature schnauzer named Katara (yes like Katara in the Last Airbender, because with a cat named Sokka, you just can't name her anything else) and she has a problem.

She has to wear a cone of shame for the next to weeks.

It sounds cruel, and very unusual, but she recently got fixed and, well, she looks funny. Cute, but funny. She also runs into everything. Especially our legs! Oh, and she keeps getting stuck under the table...*sigh*


 Poor Katara...

 And Sokka? Well, he just likes showing off the extra weight he got over Thanksgiving when we made the mistake of just leaving a bunch of food out so he wouldn't go hungry. Well it wasn't the brightest idea, but hey, at least he didn't starve, or stop eating....
See? It's like he's begging me to take his picture.
Oh, but let's face it, he's still cute. ;3


 Where's Sokka? Ha ha! He didn't even move when we put the dog toys on him. Goofy cat.

n_n; He he, okay, enough pet pictures. I just had to show them off though. They just look so funny. Eh, where was I? Oh right, I'm still not sure what all these pretty buttons I'm looking at mean, so to Sam, who commented last time. I'll see what I can do...

Hope Christmas shopping isn't driving you too crazy!

Merry Christmas!
Rose ;)


1 comment:

  1. I miss Aria already, even though I just finished reading the story a few minutes ago. And your assumption in the last post about referrals from FanFiction was right. I found the link here while checking your profile to see if my memory was right about you mentioning a sequel in the works. I think I might have to go back and re-read the whole thing, especially if no one else updates their stories. I swear as soon as I click 'subscribe' they never update again. Aggravating.

    I'm terrible at writing reviews, otherwise you'd have more than 353. The generic 'Great chapter, can't wait for more!' never seems quite good enough to me.

    Aw, poor puppy. I've never had a dog that needed a cone before, but I had a friend who did and it was rather amusing. When you weren't the one he ran into, anyway. Sokka's so cute! I think cats need little camera's to follow them around and catch them in all their silliness.

    ReplyDelete